View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

When Alan got the PN all those years ago, they gave him the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I'll never forget that day because we had to spend the entire morning there, and the had to drink and come back etc.etc. His reading after that test was 155 and the paper that gave the reading said the range was in the normal factor because it was under 200.

No one told him he might be pre-diabetic, we never heard anything about this after that. They then said Alan had idiopathic PN. So we pursued other areas, all to no avail.

Now a month ago, Alan took a one hour glucose tolerance test and the reading was 137. The doctor said that's normal.

Dr. Goldfarb then said "why did they give you a one hour test, I ordered a three hour test, so back he went last week. We find the answers to that this afternoon.

Now because I'm a diabetic, I've always monitored his sugar, from time to time. Even after he eats dinner, it never goes over 100. His usual reading throughout the years is something in the 80 range.

Now I don't know what this means. But I'll tell you this. Alan used to be an overweight, stiff as a board person. Since going to Dr. Theirl, his whole body has changed and the PN has not progressed and has, to some degree, gotten better. He no longer needs pain pills. He just started cymbalta and that helps him.

So today shall tell the tale.

Will update later on what the latest results are.

Oh, I want to tell you what it says on the prescription form for the Lumbar Puncture. It says: Lumbar Puncture/Flurogudad-) Protein Glucose, Openly pressure - elly. Dx: CIDP (That's the best I can do with her handwriting).

What does this mean?

thanks,
Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote