View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bryanna:
When I went to see another oral surgeon, he gave me a shot beside the ear to numb the joint. After the shot, the first three days, my pain reduces a lot, then increase after that, but still better than before. At the same time, I also started to take Vitamin. The Surgeon told me I have ATN, but more on the joint. So he sent me to see Dr who specialized in managing Facial pain and TMJ pain instead of Neurologist.
Since last week, the pain on my left face right below my cheekbone increase a lot. IS this related to the nerve issue or the sinus perforation.
Now the new doctor put me on temporarily splint. Today is the second day to wear it, I start to feel my bottom left molar teeth hurt after I wear the splint. But if I took off the splint for a while, the pain went off. Is it normal for me to have the pain? Do there have any side effect to wear splint for a long period of time? I read in some place, sometimes wearing splint can cause joint problem. I just don’t want to get any more problems. Any comments will be appreciated.
Shinta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote