View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Harry,
I think you are making the right move seeing an Epilieptologist (epi) I've learned over the yrs. that often a Dr. will put a person on a medication just to make money for themselves. That's why I had a DNA blood test done to find out what AED's (Anti Epileptic Drugs) would stop my seizures with the least side effect. The DNA test showed I was drug resistant meaning no drug would stop my seizures completely.
Take my word you could be having temporal lobe seizures as you mentioned but the e.e.g. is not picking up anything because the damage may be to deep in the brain to show. I had to have a WADA test, PET scan, and SPECT scan done to find out what was causing my seizures because there was scar tissue deep in my brain that the e.e.g. didn't pick up.
I wish you only the best of luck and I will tell you that they have proven nutra sweet (apartame) as well as cell phones can trigger seizures for many people so you might want to stay away from those things. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Morganomics (04-17-2010)