View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Junie

Didn't mean to make you worry more! I do know, from talking to techs while waiting for my tests - that some people do use pre-medication for pain and others take anti-anxiety.... having to have so many iv starts would have been a nghtmare and I think much more painful then these tests!

They do usually start with the zaps at the lowest level - to see how sensitive you are - and then increase it until they find the right measure for you.... and, the shocks are very fast.... the emg portion again depends on the doc - I find that they usually leave one that might hurt the worst for the last, and by then your a pro...

As suggested - call and let them know your concerns - if you dont do it now you'll just have to reschedule and again, the tests can tell the docs quite a lot..... maybe use a combo of tylenol and an anti-anxiety or something?????

Hang in there! (you know what helps me get thru tests I dont like? - like MRI's - music - I always take a cd and make sure the mri has headphones - then I find myself trying to not sing along so i dont move instead of concentrating on the test - If you have an MP3 player or other - see if you can bring it amd just concentrate on the music - not whats being done to you!)

KMEB
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote