View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tyson,

I just looked up the side-effects of Accutane, and a message board or two about it...It seems that a lot of the problems you've been having are listed as side-effects of this medication...

I even came across a person who mentioned having 'trouble speaking' during class since he started taking it....

Turns out this causes muscle weakness...Not sure if you're aware of that or not because I wasn't...

It apparently can cause direct damage to the muscles, and CK levels will start to increase (this shows damage to muscles)....It also causes nose bleeds, rectal bleeding, and mentions slurred speech (i guess this is part of the muscle weakness of the tongue maybe?)...

I know that prednisone is used for severe acne...The minimum dosage is 30mgs...You started the accutane before prednisone, right?

I'm not sure how this medication works...Do you have to taper off of it, or can yuo just go right off?

I know taht looks are important..Believe me, a big part of the reason why I'm getting off pred. is vanity, so I understand....But this medication seems really toxic..Is there really any point in taking it, especially when prednisone might accomplish the job itself? Also, if it's causing a lot of sx for you as side-effects, maybe it's better to get off it? Sorry, I've never had severe acne...I had a bit before and was troubled by it, so I don't know exactly how you feel...It just doesn't seem worth it to me....There are the really necessary meds., and the ones taht are too toxic to be worth it- they do more harm than good...

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (04-16-2010)