View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Legzz,.... Also, I recall a treatment protocol where they use Novantrone for a period of time then follow up with Copaxone thereafter. I know a couple of people who were having similar problems as you and this seemed to work. Something about the chemo knocking down the aggressive disease activity then the Copaxone keeping it leveled afterward.

Novantrone soon after Tysabri could be a problem. Most neuros these days won't prescribe Novantrone after Tysabri until a long washout period has been completed due to the possible adverse reactions that could result. It's the combo thing.

I hate this #$%@^&* disease. I hate the whole thing. I hate that we have to make these decisions. I hate that we have to consider every detail of every drug and what they can do to us. I hate that we have to study things we never thought we would ever have to know about the science and makeup of drugs. I hate that we have to listen to a doc who may not study and keep up on the details like we have to, when what we choose may be a life changing decision! I hate the fact that there hasn't been enough money spent since this stupid disease was discovered to find out WHAT CAUSES IT! We can send people into space but we can't figure out what eats our own brains??? Aaargh!

(sorry, my rant...it just gets so frustrating!)

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (04-16-2010), Grammie 2 3 (04-16-2010), legzzalot (04-16-2010), Natalie8 (04-21-2010), Pink (05-06-2010), shayna (04-17-2010)