View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Finally catching up on this thread...very interesting.

Claire, I agree with you in principal that for those without celiac disease, and for those who seem to be sensitive to everything... that removing all those foods for a life time my be a band aid approach to stop the symptoms without fixing the problem.

How to fix up the gut...seems to be the million $$ question, as well asking what we are doing to mess it up in the first place? Vaccines? NSAIDS? Antibiotics? Primary food offenders, like casein and gluten? All of the above?

These discussions always bring me back to consider something I've posted several times in the past...

"We've had many patients who were extremely sensitive to dairy and wheat.... and did marvelously after the CF/GF diet. Many of these same patients completely lost their sensitivity to casein and gluten after the antioxidant supplementation..... and now can eat a normal diet without a problem. (Aug 21, 2003) " [NOT Celiac Disease]

I had a lot of testing done on my older daughter...the one with pyroluria, also a condition associated with oxidative stress, and she had low IgA, bacterial dysbiosis, etc. Of course, she is not willing to stick to the complicated regimens often set forth as part of treatment, but the point is... there is so much to explore.

I think its worth exploring and even trying some of these treatments so long as they are safe treatments. I have mixed feelings about 'experimenting' on children. Some things yes, other things, maybe not. I guess it somewhat depends upon whether what you are already doing is working, in which case...why mess with something that is working, and risk a relapse. Also depends upon whether you find a doctor you trust, to work with you.

In any case, I think for those who continue to struggle even with all the dietary changes in place, definitely need to keep searching.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't think I've known anyone whose tried this. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote