Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyriverrugby11 View Post
Yo Erica!
Hey I havent seen any of your posts Im sorry! I havent been on here in a while......As for the Buffalo clinic I talked to the lady at the desk and she gave me Leddy's email.......It won't let me post his email on here because I onyl have 5 posts?? But here it's his last name((Leddy)at Buffalo.edu).......I called today and the lady told me to call back Monday when He and this other lady will be back to set up an appointment.

I am not from the Buffalo area so I'd be in the same shoes as you, but it's seems as the one of the few things left that would help.......I know they do gradual cardio exercise and make your own individual workout, which they control your heart rate etc with monitors and breathing machines........

I'm hoping I get in for this summer! Let me know if you get ahold of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyriverrugby11 View Post
Erica!
Ya he emailed me back shortly after I emailed him, so him being gone is the reason you havent gotten a response I'm sure! Yaya on the graudal exercise, I started doing it about a month or so ago and started to feel better, then like a dumba** started to freak out and lose composure when doing the stationary bike and walking........It was like all the frustration and anger and everything starts pouring out when I do the exercise's so I stopped.........I'm going to start again soon.

But when me and my buddies throw the rugby ball around or shoot hoops(I don't exert myself hard at all), the next day or later that day Ill feel better..........This whole thing has screwed me up mentally so much, confidence is gone since I've lost 40 lbs of muscle, you know like you said both college athletes and working out and competing was life. I feel like a 80 yr old man, and know I'm not going to get these years back you know??

You seem to have wayyyyy more advice than I had early in my PCS shindig, which is awesome because I wouldn't want the person I hate the most to have to go through what everyone on here has/are going/gone through. I had to play doctor myself, like I was/am my own damn patient haha. Its been nothing but pure hell........How far in to your symptoms are you?? Let me know how your gradual exercise is going, or any other helpful news!!
muddyriver-- So i heard back from Dr. Leddy last night, and he told me to get in touch with him the week of the 26th to set up an appointment. I am fortunate to have a medical staff readily available to me since I am an athlete here at school, but at the same time, I'm not to happy with the way my case has been handled. After 5 months, my parents wanted me to get some second opinions, especially with my neck/back, and the doctors/medical staff here weren't to keen on it... needless to say, I finally got them to let me start doing the graduated exercise as I mentioned. It's now been almost 7 months. I think the exercise is going ok- I've done the bike three times at 5 minutes, and each time I've been able to increase the pace by a bit. I keep telling myself baby steps here! Again- i really hope that I can get to buffalo this summer- they are the experts after all!
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote