View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbyfree View Post
Jim, I do not find it uncommon to be underdiagnosed and under treated at the beginning stages of this illness. For three years I worked 10 hour days, 2 Vicodin, 1 Zoloft. I suffered immensely from this. I mentally broke down due to the pain. My doctor knew what I had, but did not know how to treat it. He then, just to keep me doing "jumping jacks" prescribed me Valium. (that was a combination). Now they know that if they respond quickly with injections, there is a possible remission. But five, ten years ago they did not know that. Focus on the progressive effects mentally and physically this has had on your wife, the slow decline, the losses that she had to endure and may still have to endure. I was not depressed until the unrelenting pain began to take away all of the things in life that I loved and was working for. We have to make choices, moral choices as to what is really important, we have to make lifestyle changes in order to cope and stay saine. We have very little room for error in our days. Some days we don't even have that. In the winter, I do not leave the house, it is just not possible, that is not a choice for me. And then we have to accept all of this and try to convince ourselves that we are okay. We cannot give something that we don't have.

Best Wishes,

Jeanie
Jeanie..

You sure have had a bunch to go thru as the rest of have.. I am really sorry...

I just want to say you are such a peach!!!

You're a dear buddy, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote