View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

You all are all so nice thank you for the comments.

There have been many test done MRI, CT scan, all kinds of blood work, Needle Electrode and Nerve Conduction test by a Neurologist.

The findings were Left upper extremity showed prolonged median sensory latency while median motor nerve distal latency and CMAP amplitude were at the margin of normal range with normal ulnar sensory and motor nerves, normal radial sensory nerve and normal F waves.

NCS on right upper extremity showed prolonged median sensory and distal motor latencies, (what ever all of that is) CMAP amplitude were at the margin of normal range with normal ulnar sensory and motor nerves, normal radial sensory nerve and normal F waves.

Left upper extremity needle EMG using a monopolar needle electrode showed chronic denervation patterns in Deltoid and paraspinals; isolated chronic denervation also evident in Flex Dig Prof; no fibrillations or positive sharp waves; no fasciculations; rest of the muscles were normal.

Right upper extremity needle EMG using a monopolar needle electrode showed chronic denervation patterns in Deltoid, Biceps and paraspinals; no fibrillations or positive sharp waves; no fasciculations; rest of the muscles were normal.

Impression:

Mild-moderate left carpal tunnel syndrome.

Moderate right carpal tunnel syndrome.

Left c5 radiculopathy.

Right c5, c6 radiculopathy.

And again what ever all of that means?

So neuro sends me to neuro surgeon who says that he thinks that I have TOS as well as carpal tunnel.

The surgeon sends me to Dr. Erdogan Atasoy in Louisville whom I think was the one who preformed the worlds first hand transplant and a wonderful doctor.

After a very rigorous test he confirmed Bilateral TOS and secondary carpal tunnel.

DA
lovetofish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (08-25-2008)