View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
Oh my goodness, while your depressed here is a little more bad news, this is how long you can expect to wait for your decision from the appeals council. You may want to discuss with your attorney going straight to Federal Court. The appeals council may reverse it back to the ALJ or may overturn it. Do you have a psychiatrist? If you have mental problems it may help here.

http://www.ssa.gov/appeals/ac_statistics.html
You cannot proceed directly to federal court, you must proceed through the administrative obstacles they've set in place as a discouragement to all applicants, only then may you take the bastards in front of an actual judge in a real courtroom! Of course first you must find a real attorney to accept your case, mine, who in the waiting room told me my case was strong, and that he'd take me all the way through the federal process is suddenly not available to talk with me regarding my denial!
No surprise there, my previous attorneys entire appeal to Falls Church quoted here for your benefit, "We disagree with the ALJs ruling!"