View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had an infection (MRSA) with my 2nd scs. It caused me to feel bad, (but then I just had a scs taken out and a new one put in somewhere else), and I told everyone how bad and tender it felt on my side where they put the new battery. Everyone, dr, nurses, and the scs rep told me it looked fine, it wasn't hot nor was it red. Well had the staples out, (such pain when the ones in my side were taken out. I was crying and moaning and trying not to scream). 3 days or so later, I went to roll over in bed and I notice my sleepshirt was wet. UMMMM, wonder what caused that. lol. You got it. Pus was pouring out from my side, and the incision was still almost totally closed. Rushed to ER, couple of hrs later had everything taken out. Stayed in hospital overnite, then was moved to a nursing home to be taken care of. (I will NEVER go to another one in my life). The infection was under the battery, hence no swelling or redness. It had gone up my leads and were just about to go into the spine. That would not have been good. I had a low grade fever, and the last day, before my side opened, I started to vomit. Oh well, all is well that ends well. That was really the best day of my life as I swore I would never have anything done to me again. it took a year, but I went with the pain pump, and it has been the best thing in the world. I'm 12 wks out and I'm back to doing almost everything I did before rsd. Ok. not working yet, but am working on going back to work. lol doing all my barn and farm work, planted a beautiful veggie garden, and spent several hrs trying on shoes at DSW. Pretty soon I'll be getting back on my horses to ride again.

Hugs
Mary
Rrae (04-16-2010)