View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is true that ingesting cannabis instead of inhaling it can have a different effect. I find inhaling gives more or less instant relief, but it does not last as long. Ingesting (I make smallish cookies so I can control the dose) can take 60-90 minutes to kick in . . . in my experience. It gives what I have heard termed a "body high" in that it feels deeper and stronger, and definitely lasts longer. You don't want to sit and munch your canna-goodies without knowing how your body will react! The first time I made gingerbread cookies I "taste-tested" a couple too many and was pretty well disabled the rest of the day. No pain . . . but really out of it!

Making your own butter is messy and smelly, but if you can get the 'shake' for free (it is the leftover leaves after the cutters trim the bud) it is the way to go. The THC likes to bond with fats, which is why most people bake with it in the form of canna-butter or canna-oil. Recipes abound for this on the internet.

[And remember to keep your baked goods under lock and key away from the kids or grandkids . . . they won't know the difference and truly wouldn't know what hit them.]

Our co-op dispensary sells cookies, candy, chili, lasagna, and other goodies for folks who prefer can ingest instead of inhale. My guess is that most dispensaries carry food products made with cannabis.

I have traveled with my cookies on two different airlines with no issue. I carry them on, nicely wrapped to look like gift packs, tied with ribbons and all. Actually, each small bag contains what I expect to need on a daily basis, making it easier to dose my medicine. Cookies are a good way to go if you are going somewhere that you can't take a pipe and light up whenever you need to.

Again, you must take it slow the first time you ingest . . . so you will know how it affects you. And please don't eat (or inhale) and drive unless or until you are sure your driving ability will not be adversely affected.
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (04-16-2010)