View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodpop View Post
See that's what I wonder about.. How is it going to work if I start working at a new job and then say three months down the road that job doesn't work out and yet my SSD application has been denied? I dont know if working is going to hinder my application (I assume it will), but I cant take the chance on passing up a job that may work out for me, when it pays so much better. I gotta try it. Who knows maybe it would be just the right thing for me? I gotta keep trying. Besides from what I hear it can take years to get approved on SSD, and I'll be bankrupt before then. I'm getting a meager amount from unemployment right now (SSD knows about that too) which will only last about 3 months, then things are really gonna hurt. Cant survive on my husbands income alone. Advice?

Going bankrupt is a real concern for a lot of people who are applying for SSDI and I'd bet it happens a lot.

I THINK (not that I know for sure) that SSDI will tell you that if you can manage to get your butt to any job, that you will not qualify at this time. That you can't make the salary that you used to or want to is 'not their problem.'

I would try researching about anyone who did get accepted while still working.

Best of luck. It sure sounds like you are in a tough spot.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote