View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
I sure can identify with the anger that started this post, but most of my anger has been with doctors more interested in their best interest than our pain. How could we trust the tv idiots to ever get it right when the doctors cant even seem to get on the same page.

After 10 years the anger has turned to mostly frustration, but it doesnt take much doctor stupidity to get the anger worked up LOL!

Hey Jim, I thought I would share with you and anyone else that might be facing an ssdi/ssi hearing something that I think swayed the judge in my favor. This wasnt planned but happened in the moment, the judge after hearing mt case asked if there was anyone with me that might be able to testify in my behalf. I hadnt brought anyone, but my son had brought me to the court.

My attorney went out and asked him if he would mind if the jugde asked him some questions, and he said sure. The judge asked him if I was different now that I had RSD, and what were those differences. Now it was very hard to hear from someone elses point of view how my being disabled affected the people around me, but it was the story he told of how we used to camp, go to ballgames, and how I played with the grandkids before my disability, and how I dont do any of those things anymore.

Then he added he doesnt even like to bother me now because I never come out of my bedroom, and he could tell that I was not into visiting like I used to. There were other bits of info that he shared as they asked him the questions, but I do believe with all my heart that this was the swing factor in my approval.

So if you have any friends or family that has been affected by your wifes disability. You might ask your attorney if that would help her case.

Hope everyones pain is in check here in 2010
Allen..

We my friend are sure victums of the system..I think that was what had my dander up when I began this post..I felt that once again..we could have used recognition even if it was not planed nor an hour worth of jabber..just a mere mention for RSD'ers..who are great people and who have loving hearts and take care of eachother..we just have trouble seeing ourselves thru each day cuz we can't see past our pain...I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings or ruffle feathers.. I think we have more hope closing our eyes at the end of eachday and hoping we will wake up better all on our own and that would be a fluke... I have more hope in that than anything..

Have a good night, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wilbyfree (04-16-2010)