View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Because the first attorney refused to take it there, the second attorney(current one)advised just filing an entirely new claim, which I did in 07, resulting in yet another ALJ denial.
Further, once you've been denied by an ALJ you're unlikely to get another ALJ from the same office to overturn him on even an entirely new claim, this for obvious reasons.
My current attorney of record has not offered an opinion one way or another, he's ducking my messages, I contacted two other SSDI attorneys and they both said you must first appeal to SSA in Falls Church and be turned down before moving on to federal court.
There are very, very few attorneys that will actually sue the SSA on your behalf, very few!
If he hasn't written a letter saying he won't represent you anymore than he is still on the hook. I would call and demand to talk to him or tell them you're going to call the bar. If he's going to ignore you anyway might as well, make him squirm. Do you think you could write something up with the Appeals Council just to keep your case going, because after sixty days they are going to totally drop you. The Appeals Council requires you to write a brief. Do you know how to write one? Did you call SS to see if maybe there is someone who could help? Let me know, I have written several briefs and it's hard work, I could help guide you through it. I found the law it's expedited appeal process. It's on page 2 towards the bottom. It's better to use the four appeals because your chances of winning are better. Once your in Federal Court that's pretty much the end.