View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dizziness and nausea were my primary complaints after my injury. I was pretty much dizzy and nauseous every day for a year. Those symptoms have subsided now and are much less frequent. Unfortunately they have been replaced by near daily headaches which appear to be getting worse (medication overuse headaches perhaps?).

I found the dizziness very hard to describe as well. I was often feeling foggy and just "off". I tended to use the term lightheaded more as I thought that described the sensation more appropriately as dizzy seems to connote some sort of room spinning around you. During the initial months after my injury I definitely had more orthostatic challenges (feeling lightheaded when moving from a lying down or seated position to standing). At times I think I might have had some positional vertigo as I couldn't turn over in bed without getting dizzy and nauseous. I also found noise to be a real problem. Even the sound of water from a river could set off a dizzy and nauseous spell. My brain seemed to become hyper sensitive to stimui after the concussion.
tangje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (04-18-2010), Concussed Scientist (04-28-2010), pbob10 (04-18-2010)