Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@Hockey: Thanks for the welcome and thanks for all the info, especially your thoughts on MRI/CT scans. I was getting very frustrated over that because some medical professionals were shocked to hear I had never had anything like that done, while others told me they will not show anything useful and so there is no need to get one done.

I googled the neuro-psych testing you mentioned and was reading a bit about it. Are you familiar with ImPACT testing? I have done this many times over the past year, with the most recent one I took showing results similar to my baseline test which is obviously great news. Do you think this neuro-psych testing is still something I should look into? How might I go about that?

@Erica: Hey! It's so great know find people with similar experiences to mine. I've already found so much useful information on this site.

Are you currently getting treated for your neck/back pain? I feel like we might be experiencing something similar, because my trapezius muscles are what seem to be causing me problems too. I initially injured that area over a year ago, and since then everything has been sore and so tight no one has even been able to loosen the muscles. During the season I was getting therapy for that, but as my head started giving me more problems, all my doctors/therapists seemed to focus their attention to those problems. I read that sometimes symptoms can be caused by other problems and you need to try and get those fixed as well. My neck/back hasn't been too painful lately, but I am also worried that when I am allowed to do any physical activity it will cause of these problems to come back and I will be forced to deal with all those issues again because they were never treated properly in the first place.

How has your gradual exercise been going? Have you been successful and symptom free so far? Is there a specific program you are following? I am interested in trying to start something like this with my therapy staff. One of them did mention this possibility awhile back, but that thought kind of got pushed to the side when they didn't all agree on that approach.

Talk soon

Kelly
kellym.14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote