View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to point out that those lnks I posted on the first page are to some Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Centers in your area. That does not necessarily mean that the docs are Epleptologists although I'd be very disappointed if at least one isn't. Hopefully all are, but since there are only about 100 in the entire US, you have to check. As I mentiond in an earlier post, you are looking for a doc who first did his Neurology Residency and then went back to school to do a Fellowship in Epileptology or Neurophysiology. He/she will have a certificate on the wall saying Fellowship completed in Epileptology. Look for Fellowship in those areas on the wall. Ask about that before you make the appt. Wthout that, he/she is a neurologist who happens to like epilepsy possibly but does not have the education nor experience you are seeking. Tell us about the doc in the same bldg as the psych docs. Is that a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center? You want to choose the right doc this time. By the way I had a complex partial seizure once that was very detailed and elaborate with colors and being on e very important journey sort of like one you described. Sort of dream like. It was during my last year before surgery when my seizures where getting worse. Tattoo
Tattoo2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Morganomics (04-17-2010)