View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondheart View Post
I'm wondering why you suggest not doing this treatment on children? Is it your own personal experience?
Claire
I didn't say not to do it. Actually I said I thought it was worth a try, esp. for contamination scenarios... but that I still wouldn't feel my child that food (meaning gluten or perhaps dairy, soy.... the biggies) ... just in case it didn't work as well as they thought... I would wait to try that food when they are finished growing... because I like to try to err on the side of caution with children.

And this is why I thought it wasn't working as well as you'd hoped... but understand that you are hoping that the results will improve with time. I also said that I hoped to hear of a postive outcome from this treatment in the future. It would be a great thing for everyone if it could work as even celiacs have food intolerances that are not part of being celiac but are part of an injured gut.

Quote:
I have been doing a treatment called BioSET. It was started by a woman in California. I've provided a link to her website, but I can't say I found it particularly useful. Also, I'm not going to be able to tell you how it works, because I really don't know.
Quote:
However, I'm still having digestive problems, but after thinking long and hard about this and keeping a diary of my symptoms and meals, I think the root of my problems right now is the bacterial dysbiosis. I seem to have problems no matter what I eat.
It certainly never hurts to heal faster and I fully support anyone's search for a method that works. We went the long route... two years of healing before adding back in the nightshade or lily families. It was quite doable but life sure would've been easier if we had been able to track down some help.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 01-29-2007 at 03:19 PM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote