View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 02:50 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel the Burn View Post
As for the date,, I got a letter today from the lawyer,, he said that in his opinion, that when I went back to work after the filing date,, he felt that after I went back and fouind out I couldnt work, that SS would look at it like a failed back to work attempt,, of course I amnot taking his word on anything right now,, he also said that SS might come back at me later on and ask for a overpayment,, so I feel like i have a sword hanging over my head,,
Now,, for anotheir problem,, The state is giving me unemployment,, under the guise that I am goign to wrok through the OVRA to try and get retrained,, my employer is not contesting me getting unemployment,, but here the rub,, I also get short term disibility through hartford,, it was cut severely when I got SSDI,, from 500 to 167 a week,, now,, since i am getting unemployemtn,, I wonder if I need to contact hartford and let tehm know I am getting unemployment,, if i do,, I wnt get a diome from Hartford,, the offset will take it to negative numbers,,,
AND,, I have a long term disibility pending with them too,, this would last for 5 years,, prob at 167 a week,, that is if I get it,, but I suspect,, that there going to deny me on the grounds that teh disiblity that I have falls under a preexisting condition,, I think the only reasn I got it this time was becasue my union bitched to high heaven,, theyhad ooriginally denied me,,
I NEED ADVICE<< ANY ADVISE
I would read the contract with Hartford and see if there is anything about receiving unemployment, if the contract says anything about pre-existing conditions. It's a good thing you tried to work but can't. Not that I wish you ill health, it's good for your case. I just figured out that pending case and that comes out to a pretty good chunk of change. So your getting disability from the Hartford right now? Unemployment from the state? Ya, I would read the contract first and then call. It's better that you know if you owe anything. I'm sure you'll get quite a few ideas, so check back. I'm going to check something if it pertains to you I'll send a link.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote