Thread: SCS coverage
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I went back to see my doc on Thursday for another 'tweeking' session. We seemed to find even better coverage than Monday but when I woke up on Friday it seemed to favor my left side again. My doc and I looked at my x-ray that I had a few weeks ago, and it looked like everything is placed in the middle of my back so it's not like the paddle is "off center". My doc didn't really give me much of a reasoning as to why it favored the left side other than not everyone is symmetrical and that we are starting to touch the tip of the iceberg with finding the right program....that there are so many possiblities that we haven't even explored yet with the SCS. I guess I just need to be more patient. I think my doc does an excellent job in taking the time to find the right programs. Everytime I've needed to get a 'tweeking', she's spent at least an hour (if not longer) with me trying to find a program that has the best coverage. We've tried the programs while I'm sitting, standing, and laying down but it never seems to hold. I don't think she's worried about the scar tissue anymore (the paddle is secured quite tightly) because she gave me to go ahead to start golfing if I wanted. (I wish I was up to that but the surgery pain is still bothering me quite a bit.) It's just getting a little frustrating that I can't seem to find the right program yet. I've been adjusted 5 times and it hasn't even been 10 weeks since the implant. I'm also really disappointed that one of my meds was increased, too. Ugh! I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself!! I'm not going to settle until I have the coverage I need so I just need to keep my head up and move forward! I did not go through all this to quit now!

I also wanted to tell you all how much I really love this place! I always feel so much better after getting my feelings out and knowing that people have had similar experiences doesn't make me feel so alone. I love my family and friends to pieces and they do the best to relate and support me but until you walk in the shoes of someone else, it's not the same. All of you are so incredibly AWESOME!!! I so appreciate your thoughts, comments, and support!

Thank you!!!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-17-2010), Rrae (04-17-2010)