View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranged View Post
Since my last post 2 months ago lots has happened. My CT scan showed no change which I guess is good but still cant figure out why all of a sudden since Feb im so dizzy and lightheaded and have migraines. I've seen my neurologist 2 times and we have changed meds which I'm not crazy about.I did locate the neurosurgeon who did the suboccipital craniotomy back in 2001. He does practice also here in Florida in Titusville so off I go next week with the million questions I have and have had for the last 10 years. All I knew is that back in 2001 I had no choice to get the surgery done, never once giving thought to problems down the road. This is obviously a life long battle that I will have to fight to the end. Diana
Back from my Dr. Wed only to find out I will need another surgery. I'm at ease that he was the one who put the shunt in 9 years ago. I mentioned all the symptoms I was having and the one he was concerned about was the waking up with pressure in my head. Said that was a sign of stagnant fluid while lying down said I should be sleeping at a 30 degree angle so the fluid could drain sounds like a good nights rest to me! Also told me to go off the meds as they are not going to help. So I guess surgery is the answer so off I will go again. Says it wont be to bad but he's not the one on the operating table and the one that has to recover fast so I can go back to work so I can have health insurance. I hope that these posts can help I know they have helped me the past few months thank you all for your time and as my 19 year old son told me today. Yesterday is history Tomorrow is a mystery and Today is a gift that why they call it the Present.
stranged is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote