View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tyson, The simple fact is that doctors don't know everything. They are NOT Gods. They may not know about this information. Blindly trusting any doctor is dangerous. I'm not saying you shouldn't "trust" your doctors but not blindly.

At the very least, they should be doing these tests. CPK and vitamin A level.

Accutane can affect the telomere enzyme. Read more and you will know what I mean.

You keep saying you have these awful symptoms and yet you won't listen to anyone's advice. You are often on the verge of going to the ER. The chance of your symptoms not being either Accutane alone or in combo with the other drugs is almost zero.

A buildup of CPK won't necessarily show up on an ECG. You need to start to THINK about all this. HOW you think about medical issues is more important than the actual facts.

I think it's time for a 2nd opinion on the acne. Tyson, I know there are other treatments out there. And you need to know the CAUSE of this kind of acne.

I simply can't handle beating my head against a wall anymore. I fully support you but there isn't any more I can do on this topic. Sorry. I guess you will continue to think this is all okay until you have something worse happen to you. You are not invincible, like all young people think they are!!!

Annie

Here, read these.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000473.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1125522/

I have to add one more thing. For doctors to BLINDLY ignore that a patient is having adverse reactions to a drug and then not do anything about it is unethical. Potentially worthy of malpractice. Yes, all drugs have side effects - which I'll bet that's what your doctors say - but patients who have significant side effects of a drug should not be on that drug. And they have not fully investigated to what extent exactly what effects those drugs are having on your body. This is the kind of situation that occurs over and over again in medicine and that is why so many people are injured or killed due to drugs.

It's "easy" for a doctor to proclaim that taking a drug is an "acceptable risk." They don't have to suffer with any of the consequences.

Last edited by AnnieB3; 04-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote