View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Omg...I totally just typed, 'What's your Tyson like, Acne?' LOL...I had a moment...

Anyway, Tyson, how bad was your acne? Like all over-your-body bad?

I remember in highschool, there was a guy who had very severe acne...I felt really sorry for him...I could tell he was really embarassed about it...He'd always walk with his head down, poor guy...

Alright, so I must admit, if I had severe acne, I might consider taking this accutane...I'm pretty vain, I'll admit...BUT- I know me, and I'm also super cautious (well, other than my horrid smoking habit, but that's another story), and I'd look into other treatments that didn't have such deadly side-effects.

If I were 17, and I do remember what it's like, it was about 10-years ago, i might not look into the sides so much, so I'm pretty impressed that you're here...That shows that you want to hear about other people's experiences....Very mature, if I can say so...

Anyway, I went off-topic a bit...What if prednisone could take care of your acne? Do you know what happened when I first started prednisone? Absolutely no joint pain, no more rash on my arms, my face seemed less red (blotchy)...These effects persist until today...I got a mild touch of what I thought was acne, but actually turned out to be a skin infection as it cleared up after antibiotics...So I feel like prednisone could work for acne too...

My point is that this medication is just awful...When I was reading those blogs, people were talking about how their dermatologsts were very nervous and resistant toward prescribing this med... Some refused despite their begging...My sister's friend had a bit of acne on her chin which she was obsessive about...She begged her doctor to prescribe this, and he would not.

I can see that you don't want off it. I know you're scared about the acne returning, which is completely understandable. I just really don't like this medicine, that's all...And the things you've mentioned over the months sound really scary, and I have to admit that some of your posts scare me. The nose/mouth bleeds, the racing pulse and not being able to breathe...I mean, I can't say unequivically that this is from Accutane, but because this medicine is so toxic, and lists the very sx as sides that you've mentioned, and causes muscle damage, I can't help but feel that by at least getting it outta the picture, worries about it causing your problems can be put aside. This medicine just complicates the situation when it seems unecessary/not worth it, at least in the context of what it's treating.

Anyway, I will stop bringing it up. I at least want to get this out there in case it helps you in any way. I wish there was a medicine that treated acne without the high price because I know it'd be a rough ride to have MG plus a problem that might be disfiguring.

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote