Thread: Fainting
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fainting

Hi,

I have seen a few posts, but am hoping that someone may have some knowledge about this.

I had vertigo for several months after my concussion (9 mths ago) and have since had dizziness and fainting. The first episode was where I couldn't move after being lightheaded, the ER said it could be a seizure where my neurologist said it was an anxiety attack.

This last one was a faint, and the thought is that it is anxiety. I have really noticed that I get short of breath after walking up a flight of stairs (really frustrating obviously) and have had an ECG.
When I "came to" my arms and legs were convulsing, which may be due to blood pressure. It didnt seem like a seizure, but it doesn't seem like anxiety to me.

I don't have depression, but am trying to deal with not being able to exercise and not being able to work. I focus on rehab (of the other injuries from the car accident).

I guess I am just feeling like I am getting pigeon-holed as having "anxiety" instead of that there is something else contributing to this. I don't know how to approach my doctors when they say to just wait it out. After having so many concussions, I don't think I want to risk "waiting it out" and possibly fainting again (I did this after a concussion as a teenager and fainted, fell down a few stairs and broke my nose as I smashed my face on a desk)

The reality is that I just don't feel like I have support, and people just keep saying that they always feel confused or foggy (in an attempt to make me feel better I suppose), or something like that.

I think that I am just having a bad day.
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote