View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It can be the worst thing to ever happen to you

My wife had a discogram 3 days ago. We were recomended to a neurosurgeon by our insurance company and he orderd the procedure. With the countless x-rays, MRI's, and CT's that my wife has had, the problem with her back was more than clear without having to get a discogram. During and after the procedure, it was the worst pain that she had ever experienced. After having two children, she said it was 10 times worse than child birth. It took her a full day just to be able to roll over in bed and two full days for her to be able to walk very short distances. It wasn't until later that I discovered that the procedure has become almost obsolete and that there are other, non-invasive test that can determine the same information. It is recomended by my radiologist friends ***** that if your doctor orders this, get a second opinion before you go through with it. It might be the most painful thing you ever go through.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-18-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: removing link per NT guidelines for new members
amfy79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote