View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, it's a good article but it doesn't explain WHY we have tachycardia. It simply explains how doctors can "see" muscle weakness with their eyes, ears and a hand to the chest.

I'm sorry if that upsets you, Jana. It is a good article and I'm glad you keep posting such good stuff. I have this thing with the truth and I have to call it like I see it. You are free to disagree!!!!

What I don't like is how they inaccurately talk about anxiety. When I had my crisis, I was very calm. My two ABG's showed hyperventilation but it wasn't due to anxiety. Our ABG's often look like we are hyperventilating when our MG is bad but it's not usually due to "anxiety" but weak muscles and an imbalance of oxygen and carbon dioxide.

Tachycardia happens because when muscles are too weak to pump oxygen, our heart takes over.

Tyson, that does not necessarily explain why your heart rate would be high. There are lots of reasons why a person gets tachycardia. Your doctors have said that your MG is "fine." Is it really fine or do your doctors only see you early on in a day when you may be okay? You do tend to push yourself and, therefore, your MG. You have other possible reasons why your heart rate could be high - and you know it!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote