View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by March9 View Post
It is hard to keep a good attitude, but I've pretty much decided that I just end up feeling worse when I give in to the feelings of hopelessness and discouragement (I'm a mom of 3 young'uns, being unable to care for my family properly is simply horrid, luckily I've got an understanding hubby to pick up my slop). So I keep trying to stay positive and focus on the things that have improved, however small they may be. It is hard to be patient with the rate of recovery, but if I think back in months, rather than days, I can see improvement. I'm a little over 6 months of PCS and have to be extremely careful with exertion, physical or mental. Trying to do too much makes the symptoms worsen for days. I'm going to an upper cervical chiropracter this week, also will follow up with an inner ear doc to rule out inner ear damage (VNG testing). I tried physical therapy (for neck pain and dizziness/balance) it helped a little. Nutritional therapy (similar to what Mark and Vini have posted) seems to be helping. My neurologist recommended acupuncture but I haven't done it yet, one thing at a time. I don't think there is one thing that will work for everyone though...best wishes in recovery!
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote