View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Amen! It is so hard to describe some of these crazy symptoms. Every day I get up hoping that I won't have them, but sure enough when I start moving around they're there. The dizziness is more intense and prevalent (for a couple of days) after I exercise (get my heart rate up for a period of time) or move a lot, pretty good dis-incentive, I'm not trying to exercise lately, I guess it can wait until things improve. How long since your injury?
Yeah I pretty much can't do anything without getting dizzy. Several months after my concussion I was going swimming on a weekly basis for a while. One time I got out to my car and felt like I was spinning all over the place. I felt sick and had to sit there for a while until it subsided. No more excercise since then, which blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangje View Post
Dizziness and nausea were my primary complaints after my injury. I was pretty much dizzy and nauseous every day for a year. Those symptoms have subsided now and are much less frequent. Unfortunately they have been replaced by near daily headaches which appear to be getting worse (medication overuse headaches perhaps?).

I found the dizziness very hard to describe as well. I was often feeling foggy and just "off". I tended to use the term lightheaded more as I thought that described the sensation more appropriately as dizzy seems to connote some sort of room spinning around you. During the initial months after my injury I definitely had more orthostatic challenges (feeling lightheaded when moving from a lying down or seated position to standing). At times I think I might have had some positional vertigo as I couldn't turn over in bed without getting dizzy and nauseous. I also found noise to be a real problem. Even the sound of water from a river could set off a dizzy and nauseous spell. My brain seemed to become hyper sensitive to stimui after the concussion.
My lightheadedness/fog or whatever it is was worse when it first started. I remember describing it like I'd had a couple of alcoholic drinks. At the time I was like what the hell is this and without knowing about PCS, dizziness etc that's what it seemed like. I call it fog or lightheadedness now, because I'm not dizzy like the unbalanced kind of dizzy (unless I excercise). I'm also sensitive to sound for what it's worth. Sharp noises like cutlery banging hurts my ears.
pbob10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote