View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Levaquin is a dangerous and high-risk drug

[QUOTE=niteowl;37319]Gabe...By now you know that sulfa drugs are not MG-friendly. Levaquin is a safer antibiotic for folks with MG. My neuro told me that the cephalosporins and quinalones are the [more MG friendly] antibiotics. Levaquin treats UT infections, respiratory infections and sinusitis.

------

LEVAQUIN IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND HIGH-RISK ANTI-BIOTIC, along with all the others in the Fluoroquinolone class of drugs. I took only ten pills, one per day for ten days, over four years ago - and I am still suffering the consequences.

Levaquin, besides giving me a seizure and affecting my central nervous system to the point where I had difficulty reading, thinking, and speaking, has left with me permanant Fibromyalgia and MCS. I cannot describe the pain I had and what I went through because of this drug, which my doctor told me was 'just like any other anti-biotic, but better'.

Will it kill the infection? No doubt. But, if it hits you the wrong way, you will suffer for the rest of your life. Please do your research before considering this drug - which should be used in life or death situations ONLY. The FDA has received more than 28,000 complaints, INCLUDING NUMEROUS CASES OF SPONTANEOUS TENDON RUPTURE, and Lisa Madigan, the State Attorney General for Illinois, has petitioned for ten years to get a Black Box Warning on this drug. It has crippled people for LIFE, and has been the cause of death in far too many individuals.

For more information, please search through ANY popular consumer review website, where you will read about thousands of people describing the horrors of this drug, or visit:

**'Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Research Foundation' you will find a very informative website which contains more than 5,000 articles about this dangerous class of drug.

Tracey from Chicago
41 year old female
zoletta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote