Thread: Denied
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glad to share. I fell at work and sustained a severe distal radius fracture. After 8 surgeries the pain was still severe and that was when the ortho doc decided it was RSD.
I was referred to the PM doc associated with the ortho practice. She pushed increasing amounts of pain meds until I switched to another PM doc about a year ago. The new doc then did 3 nerve root injections and I had very short windows with some relief and harsh side affects. He then recommended a SCS. I have had the psych eval, and then Worker's comp denied the procedure. Since the first of the year my pain areas have spread from my entire left arm to my left shoulder, neck, head and ear. My blood pressure is beginning to be high, my heart is acting up and I am having some pretty ugly kidney pain. I also have severe depression. Currently unable to work. I do not know what plan F is going to be, I just know that I am too tired to fight the system anymore. The link here to SCS is very helpful for some real life experiences with this device and things to consider. I hope you have great success with this device and look forward to further postings from you. Blessings, Lisa
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (04-19-2010)