View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

bpkaper, I understand about your husband "being on the fence" about an SCS. I, too, wasn't looking forward to having another procedure that probably wouldn't help. But my pain spec and phychiatrist told me that if I didn't try I would always wonder if an SCS would've alleviated some of my CRPS pain. I thought it thru, and the pain was bad enough I was getting very badly depressed and felt hope was completely gone. So I told myself I couldn't lose anything since I'd lost hope. I was educated about the SCS and the surgery, saw a video, spoke with a rep from Medtronic and had the implant done. Mine was a success story. The SCS did help and, altho I still have a ton of pain, some days are better because of my decision. I knew that going into surgery it may not work for me. I didn't have hopes of it really working.
I pray for you and your husband, and that he makes the right decision for him and you. Go to the medtronic website, learn all you can, then talk to him. SCS's either work for the patient, or they don't. But not trying is saying there is nothing left. There is always hope as I have learned.
KatTru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-21-2010), Rrae (04-20-2010)