View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default So what has everyone's reaction been to blocks?

So last week I had a stellate block as well as a suprascaular and axillary nerve block with pulsed radio frequency. The suprascap and axillary blocks are for the possible entrapped nerves in question. And I was reaing Hooshmand puzzles and he actually said an axillary block is a good block for RSD so I am glad that I got it.

First couple of days sucked and I was sore and spasm'd from the trauma of the shots but today not so bad. Left shoulder feels like a 30% or so reduction in pain, main difference is muscle spasms down a bit and area feels like it is getting some blood flow. Vascular headache not nearly as bad. Got the docs report and he says with the stellate that the hand got 4 degrees warmer. Over the weekend, I felt a little better. I slept better and my mood was better and a little more energy. That suprascap nerve still felt like it was spasming and pinched but that maybe it was less swollen. Still any pressure on the shoulder was painful.

Today, it was not great in the morning but pain was more bearable today and headaches not as bad from the shoulder and a little more range of motion. Mood and energy a bit better today. Memory not as bad.

So anyway what was other's experience from the blocks and how much relief did you get and for how long?

Last edited by watsonsh; 04-19-2010 at 09:01 PM.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote