View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm sorry, Tyson. What some doctors do is "pass the buck" on anything too complicated. Well, side effects of a drug aren't very complicated!!!

Go and see your internist. And maybe you need to be a little more assertive. Maybe ask her "what ifs" like, what if I get permanent damage to my muscles but no one took this information seriously enough? Point out to her that the symptoms began with Accutane. They got worse the 2nd time you took it. Ask her what she would do when faced with a drug that could be causing damage.

When you think about doctoring, you have to think about which doctors do what. Neurologists can't be bothered running "general" tests like Vitamin A. However, he should've bothered himself to do the CPK. Why? Because if he doesn't and it's elevated, then he is culpable to some degree. Neurologists are kind of odd ducks. They don't like dealing with anything out of their realm. Probably because they don't know things out of their specialty and it might make them look stupid. No one wants to look stupid but what's worse is hurting a patient.

No neuro or any other doctor is perfect. It's always a mixed bag.

I still think your internist is your best bet. And maybe ask her to refer you for a 2nd opinion on the acne. Did you read what I wrote in the other post? I was wondering if you had rosacea.

Don't let this get you down. This is what doctoring is like. Internists should be the ones who pull everything together for you. So lean on her.

Take some time to do something fun. No, not physical!

Annie

Good ones, Jana. I know, I was overwhelmed with the warnings on Accutane. I took it decades ago.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote