Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneBC View Post
Hi,

I have seen a few posts, but am hoping that someone may have some knowledge about this.

I had vertigo for several months after my concussion (9 mths ago) and have since had dizziness and fainting. The first episode was where I couldn't move after being lightheaded, the ER said it could be a seizure where my neurologist said it was an anxiety attack.

This last one was a faint, and the thought is that it is anxiety. I have really noticed that I get short of breath after walking up a flight of stairs (really frustrating obviously) and have had an ECG.
When I "came to" my arms and legs were convulsing, which may be due to blood pressure. It didnt seem like a seizure, but it doesn't seem like anxiety to me.

I don't have depression, but am trying to deal with not being able to exercise and not being able to work. I focus on rehab (of the other injuries from the car accident).

I guess I am just feeling like I am getting pigeon-holed as having "anxiety" instead of that there is something else contributing to this. I don't know how to approach my doctors when they say to just wait it out. After having so many concussions, I don't think I want to risk "waiting it out" and possibly fainting again (I did this after a concussion as a teenager and fainted, fell down a few stairs and broke my nose as I smashed my face on a desk)

The reality is that I just don't feel like I have support, and people just keep saying that they always feel confused or foggy (in an attempt to make me feel better I suppose), or something like that.

I think that I am just having a bad day.
Hi there.

Of course you are having a bad day. Who wouldn't? Look what life has thrown at you. And you say you are not depressed!!

Well, good for you.

You are one brave person and I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to Neurotalks.

I know one of our more knowledgable TBI people will join this thread and point you in the right direction.

Until then, sit back and relax and watch some funny stuff on tv. You need to chill and relax.

You've been through enough for a lifetime.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote