View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ACDF post op 2 weeks

I had ACDF surgery April 5th of 2010. I am now 15 day's post op still having pain in my neck but different than before. A year and a half ago I noticed my left arm would go numb and my left thumb and index finger would too. I would also have severe pain in neck and left shoulder. At that time it was not an every day thing but in the last 6 months it became an everyday thing. I had an mri done and my c/5 c/6 area was really bad. I had two steroid injections that did not help at all. My OS put me on oxicontin 20 mg twice daily and perc 10's for in between times. We scheduled my surgery, everything I have read on here with peoples pos op I went thru the same too. Extreme pain when swallowing, the collar that drives you crazy at night all of that. I had cadaver bone not my own from hip. Now I am having deep pain on left side of neck and spasms. I no longer have any weakness or numbness. I know i am only 15 days out I feel like I am doing well except for the spasms, pain, and horrible stiffness I recently went off the oxi and continue to take percocet.I find it to be my life saver.I dont want to become dependent on the percs. My os mentioned Lyrica and i would like to know if anyone here has taken it should I try it? Also how did you guys respond to physical therapy my os wants me to start in a few weeks. Im not thrilled about it, have heard it can cause more pain. Take care everyone.
mitch38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote