Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kelly-

My neck and back pain has been pretty bad for the past 5 weeks. I was on amitryptiline before (50 mg) and it was taking care of the neck pain- then it wore off and I started to have back pain as well.

Yesterday I saw a cranial osteopath who was extremely insightful. A few weeks ago I saw a structural integration massage therapist who referred me to this guy. The massage therapist I saw referred me to someone else because he didn't think he could help me. He thought that the issue was something structural, not muscular, and that by going to someone more experienced, they would be able to figure out what the problem is.

I had a three hour appointment yesterday with this doctor. He had me get a standing xray of my pelvic bone because he believes that my right leg is slightly shorter than my left, which is causing the pelvic bone to have a slight tilt, thus pulling down on this thing (for lack of the actual term!) that is connected to my brain. I asked him why these symptoms hadn't presented themself before the concussion, and he said that he sees this often triggered through brain trauma. Very interesting stuff....

I have a few more appointments with him- maybe he will be the answer to some of my problems?

I've been doing the regulated exercise and today I did 7 minutes on the bike. Ever since I started biking, I haven't had the pounding migraines that I was having before. By no means am I better- I've tried to isolate myself from noisy areas/socializing with a lot of people and thus wearing myself out. But, there is a slight improvement. Did you check out the article I posted? I would encourage you to share it with you trainers.

The second study is done out of Montreal Children's Hospital "Active rehabilitation for children who are slow to recover following sports-related concussion" is the name of the article. I plan to get in touch with Dr. Leddy (the director of the concussion clinic in Buffalo) next week to set up an appointment to see him.

Erica
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (04-20-2010)