Thread: Diagnosis!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Diagnosis!!!

I finally got it, I could jump up and down with excitement, if only I wouldn't fall over when I landed

Not for my MS though, that was diagnosed two years ago.

But yesterday I got a diagnosis of HypoKalemic Periodic Paralysis. I have attacks of full body paralysis, even facial muscles, muscles that affect swallowing, and muscles that assist in breathing. I have had these for six years now and just finally got the diagnosis yesterday! But I was put on a medicine for it in February and have not had a full attack since.

We now now that I have hypoglycemic issues, but it fluctuates drastically so I have to really watch my diet. But that also goes along with controlling the paralytic attacks.

So now hopefully with watching my diet, carefully planning my activities, and taking all of my medicines I can get at least that disease under control!

So now I've got MS, POTS, and HypoKPP. Oh and my doctor brought up that I might have MENS with what my blood sugars are doing. Really, three things aren't enough, I need to have another! Oh well I'm too happy about finally being diagnosed and treated (not told it's all in your head) to be bummed about anything!!!

I hope everyone else is having a great day!!!

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-21-2010), dmplaura (04-25-2010), gonnamakeit (04-20-2010), jprinz99 (04-21-2010), NurseNancy (04-21-2010), SallyC (04-20-2010)