View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelerae View Post
I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS over a year ago and was diagnosed with fibro. a couple months ago.
I take 3600 mg of neurontin
60 mg of baclofen
600 mg lyrica
400 mg celebrex
10/325 hydrochodone when needed
I was taking 120 mg of cymbalta but at my last visit to the pain doctor I told them about my fibro. diagnosis and they decided that I could try Savella for pain but that I had to get off my cymbalta. My pain has been getting worse and my SCS isn't working as well as it used to, so I think that is why they want to try something new. I haven't heard or read about anyone trying this med. and hoping to find some insights into it.
Apparently it is used as an anti depressant in Europe and is only approved for fibro. pain in the States.
I've been on milnacipran (Savella) since April of 2007. (I took part in the drug trials to get Savella approved by the FDA.)

I find that helps the Fibro pain enough to make a difference - I quantify it at about 60% - 70%. What is more important to me is the fact that the Savella cuts the FibroFog. I'm able to get by on OTC pain relievers most days. Infrequently, I have to take a Tramadol.

I'd encourage you to try it, but I think you'll have to give up the Lyrica and the neurontin in order to do that. I'm kind of surprised they have you on both, since Lyrica (pregabalin) is a re-formulation of neurontin (gabapentin).

Just remember, if you try the Savella, take it with food!

SkyEyes
SkyEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-21-2010), DejaVu (06-22-2010), Doody (08-30-2010), tamiloo (04-20-2010)