View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've never been stoned, but from descriptions I've heard, it seems similar to the brain fog issue, for me the fog is worse when I feel the "dizziness" or the "my head is floating around a couple of feet above my body" feeling. So totally spacey, but also hypersentive to sound/stimuli. The fogginess seems to be gradually improving over time but the actual dizziness (I am very easily unbalanced and feel like I'm moving) doesn't seem to be lessening.

pbob-
How long since your injury? It really does stink to not be able to exercise! Your "dizzy issues" sound very similar to mine. I am also extremely sensitive to sound. I have an adorable, but very loud, 4 year old and feel sorry that I am constantly shushing him. Sitting next to my daughter when she clinks her flatware on her plate while eating is really unpleasant, hurts my ears, like anything else with any volume, but especially the sharper noises as you noted. Sadly, my husband's voice at normal volume is just at the right level to really bother me, if he needs to talk for long I put in earplugs (thankfully, it doesn't offend him), which I use liberally. I do the stuff I have to, and then spend the rest of the time in my room with the door closed. My eyes still do weird stuff (blur, harder to track moving items and follow the flow of text) but at least I can finally handle reading more complex structures! It was good thing we have lots of kid lit with big print and simple sentences around the house, it saved my sanity for the first few months of my self imposed isolation. In general, I tend to avoid being around people more than I have to, it is just too hard. I hope that will change, I isolate myself because I need to, but I don't like being isolated. Total catch-22. Oh well!
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote