View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Jim went into kidney failure seven years ago with that high of a temp. So glad your OK! He had back pain, that's it. Then came the blood in the urine. Dark urine is a sign as well of a UTI so drink plenty of water. Jim takes Macrobid and cranberry pills daily to avoid UTI's in the future. We still have a scare here and there but it's keeping it at bay.
I do feel so fortunate that things did not turn out worse. I will definitely drink lots of water. I didn't know they have the cranberry pills. I may look into those rather than the juice. It's not that good tasting to me.

Several years ago I fell down some steps in the winter and landed smack-dab on my kidneys. I went ahead to work, but by afternoon I was running a temp of 105. It took some really powerful antibiotics to get me over that. It had turned into a kidney infection in a matter of a few hours. That's the only other time I've dealt with a high fever. But after yesterday, I want to do all I can to avoid it.

I appreciate so much all of the information. Jim is such a hero for all he has been through and you are also a hero for being such a loving caretaker for Jim.

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (04-21-2010), Twinkletoes (04-21-2010)