View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I got into a car accident over 3 years ago, x-rays and MRI's didn't show any signs of anything unusual. I've tried injections, at least 3 different places of physical therapy, chiropractor, and massage therapy (which helped a little bit). My doctor from the Virginia Spine Institute wanted to get a Discography done to see whether he could find something. I was told that it could be uncomfortable if he found the painful spot and that I would be sadated just enough to where I was awake but I was a little numb. I have alot of anxiety from the accident and told him to watch my anxiety level so I don't freak out, which he said he would do. When he was doing the test I didn't feel much, but when he got to the L3-L4 area the pain was unbearable. My anxiety level spiked and the pain was to much to handle. He wouldn't give me any more medicine but he said he found the trouble spot. After he got the test results back he said that one of my discs was messed up and the only way to fix it would be a spinal fusion. I'm nervous about getting the surgery, I've had 2 other opinions and they both said that surgery would be best but there was no promise it would get completely fixed. I'm hoping to get the surgery done by the end of the year but if anyone has any information, stories or anything that could help, I'd greatly apreciate it.
cerealkurs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote