Thread: My New Wheels!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My New Wheels!

My rollator came. It's the four-wheels-and-a-seat model. It's fantastic. It helps me so much that while I'm using it, I keep thinking I don't need it.

It's hard for me to imagine what other disorders it would help besides mine. My legs are not so bad--my problem is that the top half of my body sways back and forth wildly while I walk.

As self-conscious as I feel using the rollator, the swaying has gotten so bad that I look much stranger without the rollator! So I am determined to use the thing. It is light, not like pushing a stroller, and very easy to navigate. It folds up easily. I picked a nice shade of blue.

Well, I sure have mixed feelings about the thing. I am declining so fast here. Last October, I would lose my balance and have to take a step to catch it, maybe twice a day. Now I need this rollator to walk at all. So, as pretty and helpful as the contraption is, I can't help wondering how long I'll use it before I need a wheelchair. But, who knows. Life's full of surprises, and some of them are good.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote