View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New To Forum!

Hello....Im new here and saw your post. I had a right ruptured aneurysm in Aug 2009. Had no idea as the doctortoldmefor amonth my migraine was duetoa sinus infection. Anyway! Im blessedto be here and amwondering howothermpeople that have had the same as me are coping? I feel pretty much alone as most people dont understand that I now get tired easily or I dont always feel good. Now my PA says I am experiencing PTSD after all this time? Has this happened toyou or anyone else?

THanks ! Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie1959 View Post
Hi,
You didn't mention how you're aneurysm was repaired, clip or coiling? With a coil repair it seems more people have headaches and for a longer time in their recovery, not a medical fact, just my observation. You are still pretty early in your recovery so headaches can be a problem and should diminish in time. I had a rupture and clipping 4 years ago and got different degrees of headaches frequently over the first year of recovery, but I just took Tylenol for relief so yours sound more intense, everyone is different and we all heal differently. It has been 4 years for me and I usually get some sort of head pain almost every day, from a nerve type pain that lasts only 20 sec to an "out for the day" headache. I also suffer with migraines, but surprisingly have had fewer of these since the aneurysm. You mention you are a nurse, I know the stress involved in the job, I am one too, so please don't go back before you're completely ready. I have never gone back, and if I do it will be doing something else, less stressful. I wish you the best in your recovery, and it is a slow one to be sure,
Ruthie
Staceywallace12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote