Thread: Diagnosis!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
Hi Kristie,
Sorry to hear that you are collecting more Dx's, but better to know, than not to know, right? I hope the medication works for you.

Are these both inherited disorders? Like in your DNA? Does anyone else in the family have these disorders? Just curious. You don't have to answer these questions. I just thought they were passed down dx's.

Let us know how the medications are working. I hope they stop your problems.

What is POTS? Is that where you get dizzy from posture movements? I also learn something everyday on here. I find it interesting, what can I say?
Feel better
Hi Lady,

Yes it is better to know, I really am very relieved to finally get a doctor to say on paper that I truly have Periodic Paralysis. It is very hard to go to several different doctors and after thousands of dollars and several years they just look at you and say I can't find any physical proof of what this is so it must be all in your head. And yes the medicine is helping a lot, I just have to get diet and activity under control now. So when I over do it, not only does my MS give me problems, but I have more paralytic attacks, but I really think the Periodic Paralysis was my first disease that showed up, it just took longer to diagnose.

Periodic Paralysis is generally an inherited disease, but it some cases (like me) the person is the first in the family to have it. Aww I'm so special,

MENS I'm not sure about, I haven't done enough research on it yet and really don't know anything about it except that the M is Multiple E is endocrine and S is syndrome. I can't remember the N right now.

POTS is Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. So when I stand (when not on my meds for it) my heart rate goes up to 170 just standing still. The symptoms I feel of that one when it gets really bad, is shortness of breath, intense pressure in my face and easily exhausted.

My Mom has Addison's Disease, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes (all three endocrine problems) and Granuloma Anular. My family tends to show up with all the off the wall diseases, and I have a huge family so I have no idea what everyone else has. I have 15 Aunts and Uncles on my Mom's side, not counting their spouses.

I really don't have any problem answering any questions about this. I have always been open with everyone I know about what's going on. I live in a small town and people can tell when somethings wrong. It seems like every time I see someone I haven't seen in a while they want the newest update. But I know they are just concerned and want to see this all get figured out.

If I missed any of the questions you asked I'm sorry, my eyes are really bothering me right now.

Have a great night.

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (04-26-2010), SallyC (04-26-2010)