View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daylily and MrsD.

Daylily, I am so sorry you are having yet another pain syndrome to deal after taking the antibiotic! But when you've had sinuitis and bronchitis for that long you have a dilemma!!!
I am in the same situation...terrible sinusitis and bronchitis diagnosed today...
When I went to urgent care nine days ago, with sore throat, etc. the doc gave me an antibiotic rx, and the pills were HUGE...the proverbial horse pill size!!! (Augmentin)

I went to my regular doc today out of desperation with terible coughing jags that feel like I have cotton candy in my lungs..
The doc today gave me a new antibiotic (liquid) to take for 5 days..Azithromycin ..she diagnosed bronchitis...

She also prescribed two inhalers today...an advair disc which is a powder inhaler with steroid in it.....2 puffs a day..... and a regular inhaler as well, (albuterol) to use every four or 6 hours..

Now i'm in a quasi-panic as I don't know what these will surprise me with after a couple of weeks when I hope my bronchitis has resolved....
Yikes, will my brains fall out?

We are so fortunate to have Mrs. D on our side, especially since she is so well-versed in pharmaceuticals as well as natural remedies.

So, Ive taken the inhalers tonight already and hope I don't wake up immobilzed! I'm waiting to take the new antibiotic in the morning and see what happens...I take Neurontin and she said there are no contraindications..
It's so treacherous to trust her info and to ingest chemicals we are not sure of...I did as much research as I could....

Daylily, I am hoping your new symptoms are short lived...maybe somewhere out there is an antidote to take to reverse the effect. I hope the medrol helps you, but mostly I hope this is temporary...

Daylily, about three weeks ago I ended up in ER with the same terrible sympoms in my back and hip.....this was before I took anything....that pain started after I took a few steps out of my car...it sent me to the E.R.!!
I couldn't move, get out of bed, etc for about 4 or 5 days...the pain was a 9 1/2 ..of course I missed work which wreaked havoc...

It's much better now but is still 'there' I hope it's not RSD going north from my legs....I also have the same pain ache in my right shoulder..

Daylily, I'm thinkin about you and hope this spontaneously resolves....it's diffiuclt to know what to do to treat our ailments...when there is a possible bacterial infection involved
Thanks for listening
Hope4thebest xoxox
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daylilyfan (05-03-2010)