View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have read about this research that is mostly out of Australia. Ultimately, I think it is the retraining of the brain that could offer solutions to our pain.
I read a great book titled "the Body has a Mind of it's Own, that offers indepth research about the plasticity of the brain and how functioning can change by re-aligning brain chemistry without medication. it is written in layman's terms and very readable.

i tried to get some neurofeedback sessions approved by WC but they wouldn't approved a necessary test to map the brain in order to target the problem areas with computerized visuals..

After reading about the Australian program I find myself focussing in on watching people walk with a normal gait and painlessly navigating along, hoping to imprint this visual normalcy into my misfiring nervous system...

I have tried some mirror therapy with my legs, (with an oblong mirror place between my legs) and it so fascinating to see how it looks as though both my legs are 'normal' as I move my right leg and keep my RSD leg still...hoping I can 'fool' my brain into thinking everything's OK now and to stop misfiring!!

My problem is i didn't stick with it as you are supposed to do several sessions a day for the 'retraining' to take hold and be effective.
I hope you have some success with the program...keep us posted!!
hope4theBest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (04-22-2010)