View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemsmom View Post
Wow, I'm so glad you're okay!

I just got done yesterday with my antibiotics for my UTI. Mine started Sunday morning, I drank a TON of water and almost two quarts of cranberry juice just that day. Woke up the next morning and it was a lot worse. Nothing quite like peeing razors.

I ended up going to urgent care to get antibiotics, and the practitioner treated me like a criminal for having a UTI. They gave me a Sulfa and after two doses we discovered I'm allergic to them. So a round of Cypro got me over it.

Some signs are dark urine, strong smelling urine, and for me, feeling dehydrated even with drinking a ton of water.

I'm going to have to find me some cranberry pills, that sounds great and I can't stand cranberry juice.

I hope you don't have to go through this again. Oh and something my pulmonologist told me, about sulfa drugs anyway, was that the reason you are supposed to drink a lot of water with them is that they are very hard on the kidneys. I was drinking more than 13 cups of water a day for three days after stopping them and still so dehydrated that when you push on my finger the skin wouldn't spring back for at least a minute.

Hopefully this thing is gone for good, good luck!

Kristie
Kristie,
I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't understand why they were so hard on you because you had a UTI. Why do you think that was?

It's interesting about the being thirsty....because I have been drinking so much and yet I am still thirsty that has been going on for weeks. I will have to remember that this can be a sign. I am trying to learn to be more aware of what my body is trying to tell me.

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm sure I am on the mend. I sure hope you don't have to go through this again any time soon, or ever for that matter.

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote