View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
F2U, That was a close call. Such a high fever and being out-of-it. Glad you got to the ER. So happy you are on the mend. Feel better soon Friend.

When I take any Anti-B's I also take a Pro-Biotic pill daily. It has the good bacteria in it, that is the same as yogurt only a billion times more good bacteria and more potent.

Anti-B's destroy all bacteria in the body and gut. This puts back the good bacteria we need to survive. It fights the bad bacteria, by keeping it in check. Take for two weeks even after stopping Anti-B's.

I can't take Cipro or Levaquin (Levofluxacin). The Fluoroquinolones exacerbate my MS. They have a FDA warning of increased risk of Tendinitis and Tendon Rupture, like the Achilles Tendon. So be careful with these.

Then I am allergic to Sulfa too. Not much I can take.

Cranberry pills, water, and using the test strips to check for UTI's are important preventatives. Pro-Biotic or Acidophilus pills (less good bacteria) are both good and yogurt without sugar.

Sugar nullifies the benefit of yogurt. Even the ones with fruit (fructose) in them. The sugar in the fruit kills some good bacteria or often feeds the bad bacteria. Plain yogurt or pills is best.
I am so glad too that I got there. It is an hour and half trip and that is pushing the speed limit.

I'm not sure about the probiotic pill. They did give me a Fluconazole tablet to prevent yeast infection which I always get when taking AB. Is that anything close to what you are talking about?

My husband just got some yogurt pills and said for me to share with him. But I haven't been. hate to use them up from him. But maybe I should be taking them too.

It must be hard for you to be so allergic to so much. I have been lucky 'so far' and am not allergic to anything that I know of. Hope it stays that way.

Thank you.

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (04-23-2010)